Its quite sad that we have a Greens political driven council yet over the last 8-10 years our parks and Tree canopy and has suffered at their hands and has gotten worse across the board.
- Fremantle has the 2nd worse Metro Tree Canopy in WA, now shown to have direct negative health issues.
- Fremantle has the second worse hard surface covering in Australia, according to the 202020 study
- Fremantle council has approved to concrete over parts of the esplanade reserve, replacing grass with concrete, how this suits a green plan I have no idea.
- Fremantle council has plans to approve more buildings for Princess park, more concrete to replace grass and cutting down more mature trees.
- Fremantle council has approved plans to build on and fence part of an A class reserve at J-Shed, turning over public space for private companies to profit off.
- Fremantle council has more plans approved for more concrete for the esplanade reserve, maybe they should call it Fremantles grey plan, not green plan
- Fremantle council has approved plans to concrete grass areas at south beach, again more concrete to replace grass.
- Fremantle council approved plans to cut down 100+ mature trees at Kim Beazley, which will take decades to replace and thousands of tonnes of additional water with possibly a 30 % of trees that are planted that will not survive. Leaving this area with lost tree canopy for decades.
- Fremantle council approved plans for the Kim Beazley site not to have the additional 10% open public space.
- Fremantle council approved a plan for the green fill site @Burt St to ramp up zoning to over R100, with no need to supply the required 10% open public space again.
- Plan to flatten 100’s of homes and cut down all the trees on South st to build their light rail.
So from all this, we should believe they give a damn about open public space, parks and the tree canopy of our suburbs?
I know I have raised these points before but as council consistently says it cares about, open space, tree canopy etc, but its actions tell another story completely.
Read the article from the West above in blue, its worth reading.
Remember don’t just believe what council says but look at their actions as it tells a different story.
Since the 202020 report was done, in Fremantle hard surface has increased and tree canopy has got worse. That’s just in 2 years under a council driven by green politics. So since our mayor brad pettitt and many of the current councillors have on council, our tree canopy has got worse and hard coverage has increased, leaving Fremantle in current, 2nd worse rating in Australia.
They drive their own politic ideology not the resident’s best interests. Politics 1st people later.