What a great piece, hits the nail on the head issue after issue.
- Inappropriate use of rate payers funds with their blatant, self promotion, serving no purpose than to show how easy it is to throw around rate payers money.
- Dodging legitimate questions with spin, smoke and mirrors
- Thought bubble process, with little consideration of the basic functions of council, leading to loss of image and identity of what Fremantle really is.
- The council of loss- retail, artists, cultural and community spaces like the Fly By Night Club.
- Lack of true process with 2029 visioning, council telling us what it was before it was finished, another COF classical box ticking exercise instead of true community engagement.
- Only verbalization of heritage protection as they constantly look to drive inappropriate developments in the city.
- King Square business plan, which raids the cities long term investment fund to build a monument to our current mayor.
- Lack of transparency in the Kings Square business plan.
- Hidden documents that show the true financial impact of the Kings Square Business Plan, which the rate payer paid for.
Point after point is well made, a young lady with her finger on the pulse and clearly too on the ball to be influenced by The Mayor and councils spin.
Well worth a read, sums up quickly many of Fremantle’s underlying issues.